Why are not you a normal couple?

It's the phrase my niece told me about my relationship with my ex-boyfriend. He had taken a nap, so he woke up and appeared in the room, everyone kept silent and we said goodbye to go to dinner with his family at Christmas. In the morning I sent a picture in a whatsapp group, about the night we spent in their beach house, someone commented that for the new year I had to look for someone new and someone better, angry I asked him if he knew my relationship because if I did not know that he refrained from giving his opinion.

That phrase comes from a Mexican series called "La familia Peluche", in this family, the daughter does not fit and they say to her: why are not you a normal girl? Maybe for many of the public, she is the most normal, but not for her family. It's like Marilyn Munster or a misunderstood Lisa Simpson.









But what is normal? Is there a normal family? Are there normal couples? We should ask the Munsters or the Addams family or maybe ask the modern Family or maybe the New Normal.









At Christmas, I felt like Reese Witherspoon at Four Christmases, where with Vince Vaughn, they tried to escape Christmas traveling to an exotic place, but they had a problem with the flight, a newscaster interviewed them at that moment, so their relatives begin to call them, so they decide to visit them, to each of their parents who are even separated. That's why they have 4 Christmases. In my case, I would start with my ex-boyfriend's family and then mine. To be honest, this Christmas I have had a better attitude than in other years, I know how my family is, so it does not bother me anymore, nor their comments nor that they are impatient, rather I promoted calm before retiring.



In my ex-boyfriend's family, the turkey had not cooked, so he was impatient. I talked to her mom and sister, in the wait my ex-boyfriend fell asleep. The dinner was ready for midnight, I woke up my ex-boyfriend, we had dinner and had a good conversation. It ended with a football discussion between the sister and her uncle, I have seen worse arguments, but this did not end so badly. We returned home, my sister, her daughter and boyfriend were ready to leave, we said goodbye to them. I slept, woke up to check some things on the internet, when I went back to bed, while kissing my ex-boyfriend, I remembered my niece's comment and whatsapp group guy even his sister also asked me about our relationship, I questioned my relationship with my ex-boyfriend, but I realized, that I did not care what others cared, what mattered was having a good relationship with him even if it was friendship.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Purpose for Christmas 2018